We imprison more of our own people than any other country on the planet, disproportionately African Americans and Latinos. Let’s build a criminal justice system Americans can trust and that puts our country closer to the words written above the highest court in our land: equal justice under law.
- End the federal prohibition on marijuana and expunge the records of those who were locked away for possessing it.
- End the current system of cash bail that punishes people for being poor.
- Eliminate private, for-profit prisons from our justice system.
- End the use of mandatory minimum sentencing for non-violent drug offenses.
- Provide meaningful reentry to help people who have been incarcerated resume their lives and contribute to their full potential.